“Somebody loves you. If I had to punch that face, I’d avoid your nose and teeth too.”
why do you love teen wolf so much??
This reads like spam, but I’ll answer you anyways? In the smallest of nutshells possible.
1. Every single character is given depth. Whether you want to or not, whether you hate the character or love the character, you will be given insight as to why they are who they are and their reasoning behind doing the stupid thing that they’re doing, and that not only makes TW seem realistic, but it also means that no one is expendable and every scene is relevant to you. (well, maybe not the first way through the first season. but it rewatches very well, and the second season comes out of nowhere and blows your mind and makes you cry almost every episode, so)
2. Each of the girl characters is written to be a different person! (not as prevalent a phenomenon as you’d think)
3. No filler episodes or scenes!
4. I usually don’t find white guys attractive without lots and lots of effort, but Dylan O’Brien was attractive after like the first seven minutes, possibly because the personality of his character/his comedic timing/his facial expressions is amazing.
5. The character ^that guy plays is the best character I’ve seen on TV. He’s both the comedic character and the heartwrenching one and unconditionally looks out for his best friend at all times, as best friends should do but never seem to do on TV.
6. The side characters are great! Main Guy’s mom is the best.
7. It’s purposely written in a magical land where homophobia and sexism don’t exist. Which is great, bc those are the two isms that are the most relevant to me.
8. The cast is super friendly and open and they have livestreams after each episode where they sit and talk at us for an hour because they love us all and I wish people would stop breaking the fourth wall at them by bringing up fandom. :(
tl;dr The writing for the characters is really, really well done and you end up emotionally invested even though it’s a show about high school werewolves. And they treat social issues LIKE THEY SHOULD BE TREATED (like how they dealt with rape-y stalkeryness).
and if the tl;dr was tl;dr for you:
“I think he’s good looking.”
“So today, Scarlett, I congratulate you and thank you for sharing this remarkable milestone in your life where you get to be immortalized with your hands in the earth and your star in the ground. Now, finally, I can’t wait to step on you, sweetheart!” (x)